Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Thumbs Up...

 On the days we don't run dogs, it's often a time to head out on the Ski Doo, if it'll start, to check out the trails. There's usually spots that need work, smoothing out with the trail groomer, or shoveling snow in the dips or overflow at the creek crossing. It's not real hard work, but after being out in the cold for a while, you look forward to getting back, relaxing, and getting a bite to eat. After I got back inside the other day, took off all the winter gear, and headed upstairs. I really had a taste for some cheese. So I got out a block of colby jack and a cheese slicer. Now normally I'd use a knife, but for some reason, dug out the slicer. As I tried to slice the cheese, the slicer wouldn't cut, so gave it a good hard pull. That's when it popped up off the block of cheese and sliced off the tip of my thumb. Surpised wouldn't have covered what I felt. Astounded, blown away, and pissed off. So after stopping the blood flow, took the flap of skin hanging from the tip of the thumb and stuck it back on. Put on a bandage, but it kept bleeding, so Andy got out some sticky gauze and wrapped it up tight, then taped it.

So far it's staying on and not bleeding through. Never did get that cheese snack.

Here's a pic from one of last weeks dog runs.

I should find a better place for a photo. Now I have to wait for the dogs to slow down on a straight, level stretch of trail, so I can take the camera out from under my parka, and that's usually the same general area on the trail back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment