Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Random Stuff...

The temps have been below zero F since last week, so not much to do outside; it's even been too cold to run the dogs. Trying to get stuff done on the cabin, just finished sanding and varnishing one the interior log walls. Before it was so rough you couldn't run your hand over it without getting a splinter, now it's just a little uneven. One more wall to do and the original cabin's pretty much finished. Not bad for forty years!

After getting  a new sander, brush and some vanish, then just like that, the wall's done.

Went outside the other day to watch the lunar eclipse. They'd been making a big deal of it on the news and it was pretty cool to look at it with binoculars. Unfortunately, the door didn't latch when I went out and the cat pushed it open, then headed up the trail to the wood piles. Tried to get him back in, since it was fifteen below zero, but he ignored my calls and kept on trotting, staying just ahead of me. Finally cornered him at the farthest wood pile where the trail ends, I guess he didn't want to head off into the fresh snow even tho it's less than half a foot deep. Not exactly an arctic explorer, but he still struggled to get away, and was a handful to carry inside. Somehow I managed to twist my knee bringing him back down the trail in the dark, so now I have to deal with that. Next time I'm leaving him outside.

But the sunsets are pretty decent this time of year and you don't have to head out in the dark at midnight to see one. (Both photos by Andy)

No comments:

Post a Comment