Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Riding weather...

After three straight days of rain, we finally got some decent weather. Now don't get me wrong, the rains keep the forest fires down and benefit the garden, but still, it's nice to just hop on the bike and go for a ride. Had been riding the 650 (First Ride...4/30/16), but decided to take out the 850 this time. Since I'm too cheap to buy 2 batteries, had to switch it over, but otherwise just needed to check the oil and tire pressure. Rode into town for some errands, then out past the University to the Goldstream valley where my friend Bill lives (Out to the Whites... 3/26/16). Had a nice visit, coffee with fresh brownies, then took the scenic route, via Fox and the Old Steese,  back home. What started out as a typical run to town wound being a fifty something mile tour of the valley. Pretty much fun.

Of course I forgot the camera, so took a photo when I got back. The dumpster sign had been buried in the back of the garage for years. Moved it outside when the garage was recently cleaned. When we first moved out here, there was a public dumpster just down the road. The sign was right at our mail boxes. One year an errant motorist took out the sign as well as most of the mail boxes. While we put the boxes back up, the sign lay off to the side of the road for years. When the Borough finally closed the dumpster site, I threw the sign in the back of the pickup and brought it home. Never have figured out a use for it, but I used to think I might put it up so it pointed toward my neighbors house. Or not; they probably wouldn't appreciate the humor of it all.

2 comments: