Search This Blog

Monday, June 8, 2020

More Firewood...

After the crews cut down the dead trees along the power line (All spruced up 5/22/20), I was telling my friend Bill about it and how there were more dead trees to drop, some pretty close to the house. He mentioned that his neighbors nephew worked on one of the crews and dropped trees as a side  job. Bill had hired him and seemed pleased with his work, so I called and asked him to come over when he had time and check it out. He came over the other day and took down four trees near the house and garage. I helped him out and learned a little about how the professionals do it. Every tree went just where it was supposed to, so now all I have to do buck them up, split and stack it. Too much fun!

While I've dropped lots of trees, they didn't always go where I wanted them to, so it was worth it to get help on the ones close in. This spruce measured 95 ft. from stump to top, so could easily have hit the house.

Still splitting the trees that were dropped earlier, so I know what I'll be doing most of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment