Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Last Dog Run?

The forecast for the coming week is temps in the forties and mixed rain and snow, so maybe yesterday's run will end the season. Here's a few pics, no real story, just another dog run.
Heading down the trail, it was a beautiful day to run dogs.

Taking a break after the turn for home.

Heading up to the ridge and the climb back to the dog yard. Here's where I get to work, kicking (pedaling) along side the sled, encouraging them with an occasional "let's go boys, almost there!" Sometimes I throw in "and girl" so Missy doesn't feel left out, but she never seems to notice. Not sure if it helps, but keeps me busy and warms me up on the cold days.

2 comments:

  1. Who maintains the trails? Is there a local club?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah there's a club all right and I'm the president/secretary/treasurer/trail boss all rolled into one. Back when there were more dog teams in the valley, there were several people who helped out on the trails, but of course they all had their own ideas, so at least now I don't get into any arguments about the trail. There is a local club that runs a race through here once a year, but they just use the trail as is, they never help out with the work. Maybe I should do a blog post about it?

    ReplyDelete