Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2019

All Fools Day?...

April 1st is often celebrated as April Fools or All Fools Day by some. When I was kid, it was a big deal, you really had to watch out for tricks. One of my friends in grade school loved to prank people and every year he'd come up with something new. Now a days, it's not so common, maybe it's just the PC culture, people are afraid of being criticized or even sued for pulling stupid tricks.
For me today, I was the fool as I went to the hospital to get my pre-surgery physical. Got poked and prodded as they often do and then got my instructions for the surgery on Wed. The only good part is they not only let you drink liquids up to a few hours prior, but now they encourage it. So at least I can get a cup of coffee beforehand, that's something, anyway.
The reason for the surgery is a hernia, courtesy of our new dog (December Summary 1/5/19). Seems he's a real jumper, never was trained not to jump on people, I guess, so I spent the first few weeks getting him to settle down. He seemed to be learning, but then surprised me one morning with an unexpected jump off his house, hitting me full force in the groin with both front feet. It didn't hurt that much, was surprised more than angry, but the next day noticed a bulge there. So a few weeks later I finally went into a clinic and they diagnosed a hernia. Kind of ironic cause the same thing happened many years ago with Solo, the dog who really reminds me of this guy. So I'll soon have matching hernia scars, who says All Fools Day is dead.
Spent the last few days hauling in firewood from over the hill, since I won't be dong much after the surgery. With the snow mostly gone on the south side, the trail was pretty rough and had to haul smaller loads than usual. Breakup is way too early this year.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Scott. Since I had it done on the other side, I know what to expect, but it's still kinda grim.

    ReplyDelete