Search This Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2017

November Weather Summary...

Here's the ever popular monthly weather summary, this time courtesy of the Alaska Climate Research Center (http://climate.gi.alaska.edu/node/1377):
Fairbanks Weather Summary for November 2017
Mean monthly temperature was 4.8°F, which was 2.2°F above normal. The observed maximum temperature was 33.0°F on the 3rd of the month, the minimum temperature was -27.0°F on the 26th of the month. The total monthly precipitation was 1.3", which was 0.7" above normal.
(Normal values refer to the period 1981 to 2010)

The big project for the month (so far) is putting the dog boxes on the new pickup using an external mounting system (angle aluminum) so Andy doesn't have to crawl underneath and wrench while I install the bolts. We'll add photos if and when it's done.

2 comments:

  1. I must have missed the post about a new pickup. Whudja get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scott, it's the same truck I bought last winter. But since I already had the dog boxes on the old truck, I kept it and used it for the rest of the winter, then sold it in the spring. I got this idea of using slide rails to mount the boxes years ago but never did it on the old one. Would have done it this fall, but had to have knee surgery, so it didn't get done until I got ambulatory again. So it's only a new truck in the sense that it's never had the boxes on it. Now I just have to get it done.

    ReplyDelete