Search This Blog

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Last of the Ninety Footers...

 Back in 2020, the local power company dropped a bunch of trees along the power line (All Spruced Up 5/22/20). Several were ninety footers. So in time, I bucked up and stacked all the wood. Now for the last few years I've been splitting the wood, first the smaller rounds and finally mega sized bottom ones. And now it's finished, splitting the last of the mega spruce.

Or is it? The line crew came thru late last summer and dropped another ninety footer on the far end of the property. Since most of it fell on the neighbors, I figured I'd just let him have it. But another neighbor saw it and wanted to use it for rough lumber, so told him to take it. I went by there the other day with the tractor and it's still there. Maybe I'll wind up with more mega spruce to split.
Almost three feet on the stump, it'll be lots o' work for whoever winds up taking it. I hope it's one of the neighbors, cause otherwise I'd probably salvage it for firewood and I'm still kinda sore from hefting the last bunch of mega spruce rounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment