Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2023

Juneteenth?

 Well it is Juneteenth, but this is more about a moose being free in the driveway. I'd just started getting ready to split wood. After the last couple of days, the pile of stacked mega spruce rounds had finally started to disappear and I figured a few more days would get'er done.

But just as I was starting to split the first log, Andy came and called to me. "You need to come back to the house" or words to that effect. So I shut down the tractor and when I got back, this is what I saw...

A cow moose munching on fireweed shoots along the driveway. She ignored the barking dogs and the two of us yelling at her. Those must be some pretty tasty shoots. After watching her for a bit, I went back to splitting wood. Andy then got a stick and bucket and beat on it, so eventually the moose wandered off. Just another neighborhood moose enjoying a free snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment