Search This Blog

Saturday, December 17, 2022

All Dressed Up, Nowhere to Go...

 Back in the day when we lived with my grandparents (Grandpa was a Carpenter 6/22/20), one of my Grandma's favorite sayings was "all dressed up, nowhere to go." Now a days, sometimes I'll comment like that as a joke when we're getting ready for one thing or another, however inappropriate it might be. Well now it's like that for dog sledding, whenever it seemed like a good day to get out with the dogs, it'd snow 2, 3, maybe 4 inches so I'd have to go plow the road, then re-groom the trail. Since the trail has a major reroute at the road crossing, I don't feel like I can run them without an well defined trail to follow. Now it's stopped snowing, but cooled off and dropped down to 25-30° F below. That's just a little colder than either the dogs or I prefer, especially my 11 year old leader who's not exactly ecstatic about running in lead anymore.

The sled's all dressed up, but until it warms up a bit, there's nowhere to go.
This is the time of year when there's less than 4 hours of sunlight, so you get pretty spectacular sunrises and sunsets. We just need the neighbor to cut down some trees for a better view!

No comments:

Post a Comment