Search This Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Skidooed...

 Last spring I pulled the old Skidoo into the garage for some long overdo maintenance. After getting it up on the lift table, figured I had all summer to getter done. So last week I finally got around to working on it. Jacked up the front end, removed the skis, and replaced the ski skins and carbide runners with new parts I had ordered earlier on ebay. Of course they didn't quite fit, so spent a few days drilling and filing new holes, then bending the metal studs to get them installed on the skis.

Wanted to grease the suspension, but all the zerks are plugged solid and the replacements I had didn't fit. So will do that next time or maybe the time after that?

 Got'er started on the second pull and now it's sitting out in the wood yard, waiting for more snow. It did turn a lot better with the new ski parts, so at least one thing's fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment